Thursday, June 4, 2009

television fast

I'll admit it...I am a reality t.v. junkie. The hills, the kardashians, even the real housewives. I can't get enough. And normally I'm okay with giving in to this vice of mine. I mean a little t.v. every now and again isn't such a bad thing is it? But lately I've realized all the things on my personal "to do" list that continuosly get swept aside because I've gotten wrapped up in another "What Not to Wear" marathon. There are so many books I want to read, so many recipes I want to try, so many trails I want to hike...

So in the spirit of getting healthy and living the best life I can I'm going to try a little experiment. I'm going to give up t.v. for the remainder of the month. With the exception of the news. (It's part of my job. I'm a PR person.) And we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it'll be exactly the jumpstart I need to get some checkmarks on that to do list.

First up is a book I've had sitting on my bookshelf for months. Haruki Murakami's "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running."

No comments:

Post a Comment