Friday, June 12, 2009

feed me friday

I don't know about you, but for some reason my appetitie goes through the roof on Fridays. Maybe it's due to the intense kickboxing classes I've been taking Thursday evenings, or my body knowing that it is almost the weekend. But for whatever reason, every Friday my hunger levels soar and my normal food intake just doesn't cut it. So I've started working what many foodie-bloggers so often refer to as a "green monster" into my routine. And boy does it do wonders! A great big THANK YOU to Angela and Jenna for introducing me to these bad boys! I still eat all my normal meals and snacks, but adding this refreshing addition mid-morning really keeps me on track (and away from the office cookie jar).

Today's mixture:
3 cups spinach
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup organic fat-free greek yogurt
3-4 ice cubes

A little blender action, a couple additional blueberries as a topper and there you have it. Grumbly tummy no more!




















What about you? Do you have a day your body seems to crave more food? Any tricks to keep your appetite in control?

No comments:

Post a Comment